Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184) Antibody #4537
|W||H (M) (R) (C) (X) (Z) (B)||Endogenous||82||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat C=Chicken X=Xenopus Z=Zebrafish B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-TAK 1(Thr184) Antibody detects endogenous levels of TAK1 only when phosphorylated at threonine 184.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr184 of human TAK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and affinity chromatography.
TAK1 is a mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase that can be activated by TGF-β, bone morphogenetic protein and other cytokines including IL-1 (1,2). In vivo activation of TAK1 requires association with TAK1 binding protein 1 (TAB1), which triggers phosphorylation of TAK1 (3,4). Another adaptor protein, TAB2, links TAK1 with TRAF6 and mediates TAK1 activation upon IL-1 stimulation (5). Once activated, TAK1 phosphorylates MAPK kinases MKK4 and MKK3/6, which activate p38 MAPK and JNK, respectively. In addition, TAK1 activates the NF-κB pathway by interacting with TRAF6 and phosphorylating the NF-κB inducing kinase (NIK) (2).
TAK1 activation requires multiple phosphorylations in its activation loop. Mutation of Thr187 and Thr184, residues located in the activation loop of TAK1, impairs phosphorylation of both TAK1 and TAB1 and reduces the kinase activity of TAK1, suggesting that autophosphorylation of these residues is necessary for TAK1 activation (4).
- Yamaguchi, K. et al. (1995) Science 270, 2008-2011.
- Ninomiya-Tsuji, J. et al. (1999) Nature 398, 252-256.
- Shibuya, H. et al. (1996) Science 272, 1179-1182.
- Sakurai, H. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett. 474, 141-145.
- Takaesu, G. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 4, 649-658.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4536 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr187) Antibody
- 4531 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) Antibody
- 4508 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) (90C7) Rabbit mAb
- 4505 TAK1 Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.