Product Pathways - Adhesion
MUC1 (VU4H5) Mouse mAb #4538
|4538S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4538||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human||Endogenous||230, 400||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MUC1 (VU4H5) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total MUC1. This antibody does not cross-react with other mucin proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody (isotype: IgG1k) is produced by immunizing a BALB/c mouse with MUC1 60 mer tandem repeats (BSA conjugated).
Western blot analysis of extracts from PL45 and MCF-7 cells using MUC1 (VU4H5) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using MUC1 (VU4H5) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using MUC1 (VU4H5) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using MUC1 (VU4H5) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of MCF-7 cells, using MUC1 (VU4H5) Mouse mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecifc negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF7 and MDA-MB-231 cells using MUC1 (VU4H5) Mouse mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin. Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Mucins represent a family of glycoproteins characterized by repeat domains and dense O-glycosylation (1). MUC1 (or mucin 1) is aberrantly overexpressed in most human carcinomas. Increased expression of MUC1 in carcinomas reduces cell-cell and cell-ECM interactions. MUC1 is cleaved proteolytically, and the large ectodomain can remain associated with the small 25 kDa carboxy-terminal domain that contains a transmembrane segment and a cytoplasmic tail of 72 residues (1). MUC1 interacts with ErbB family receptors and potentiates ERK1/2 activation (2). MUC1 also interacts with β-catenin, which is regulated by GSK-3β, PKCγ and Src through phosphorylation at Ser44, Thr41 and Tyr46 of MUC1 cytoplasmic tail (3-5). Overexpression of MUC1 potentiates transformation (6), and attenuates stress-induced apoptosis through the Akt or p53 pathways (7,8).
- Baldus, S. E. et al. (2004) Crit. Rev. Clin. Lab. Sci. 41, 189-231.
- Schroeder, J. A. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 13057-13064.
- Li, . et al. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 7216-7224.
- Li, Y. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 6061-6064.
- Ren, J. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 17616-17622.
- Schroeder, J. A. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 5739-5747.
- Raina, D. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 20607-20612.
- Wei, X. et al. (2005) Cancer Cell 7, 167-178.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9336 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody
- 9337 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (46H12) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 9564 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 9331 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.