Product Pathways - Neuroscience
MAP2 Antibody #4542
|4542S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4542||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||75, 82, 280||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
MAP2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of all isoforms of MAP2 total protein. This antibody does not cross-react with tau.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues of human MAP2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PC12 cells, untreated or nocodazole-treated, using MAP2 Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, untransfected or MAP2C transfected, using MAP2 Antibody. (Human MAP2C construct is a generous gift from Dr. B. Shafit-Zagardo, Dept. of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY.)
Confocal microscopic images of PC-12 cells showing cytoplasmic stain with MAP2 Antibody (A, red) compared to an isotype control (B). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2) is a neuronal phosphoprotein that regulates the structure and stability of microtubules, neuronal morphogenesis, cytoskeleton dynamics, and organelle trafficking in axons and dendrites (1). Multiple MAP2 isoforms are expressed in neurons, including high molecular weight MAP2A and MAP2B (280 and 270 kDa), and low molecular weight MAP2C and MAP2D (70 and 75 kDa). Phosphorylation of MAP2 modulates its association with the cytoskeleton and is developmentally regulated. GSK-3 and p44/42 MAP kinase phosphorylate MAP2 at Ser136, Thr1620, and Thr1623 (2,3). Phosphorylation at Thr1620/1623 by GSK-3 inhibits MAP2 association with microtubules and microtubule stability (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4541 Phospho-MAP2 (Ser136) Antibody
- 4544 Phospho-MAP2 (Thr1620/1623) Antibody
- 9101 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody
- 9102 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Antibody
- 9106 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb
- 9107 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (3A7) Mouse mAb
- 9331 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) Antibody
- 9336 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody
- 9337 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (46H12) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.