Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-MAP2 (Thr1620/1623) Antibody #4544
|W||H R (M)||Transfected Only||82, 280||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-MAP2 (Thr1620/1623) Antibody detects transfected MAP2 (at a dilution of up to 1:20,000) only when phosphorylated at threonines 1620/1623. This antibody does not cross-react with phosphorylated tau.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr1620/1623 of human MAP2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, untransfected (lane 1), or MAP2C transfected (lanes 2,3), using Phospho-MAP2 (Thr1620/1623) Antibody (upper) or MAP2 Antibody #4542 (lower). In lane 3, the lysate was treated with lamda phosphatase to demonstrate phospho-specificity of the antibody. (Human MAP2C construct is a generous gift from Dr. B. Shafit-Zagardo, Dept. of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY.)
Microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2) is a neuronal phosphoprotein that regulates the structure and stability of microtubules, neuronal morphogenesis, cytoskeleton dynamics, and organelle trafficking in axons and dendrites (1). Multiple MAP2 isoforms are expressed in neurons, including high molecular weight MAP2A and MAP2B (280 and 270 kDa), and low molecular weight MAP2C and MAP2D (70 and 75 kDa). Phosphorylation of MAP2 modulates its association with the cytoskeleton and is developmentally regulated. GSK-3 and p44/42 MAP kinase phosphorylate MAP2 at Ser136, Thr1620, and Thr1623 (2,3). Phosphorylation at Thr1620/1623 by GSK-3 inhibits MAP2 association with microtubules and microtubule stability (3).
- Sanchez, C. et al. (2000) Prog. Neurobiol. 61, 133-168.
- Berling, B. et al. (1994) Eur. J. Cell Biol. 64, 120-130.
- Sanchez, C. et al. (2000) Eur. J. Cell Biol. 79, 252-260.
- Yamaguchi, S. et al. (2011) Neurosci Res 69, 32-40. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells) Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4541 Phospho-MAP2 (Ser136) Antibody
- 4542 MAP2 Antibody
- 9101 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody
- 9102 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Antibody
- 9106 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb
- 9107 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (3A7) Mouse mAb
- 9331 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) Antibody
- 9336 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody
- 9337 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (46H12) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.