Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Keratin 18 (DC10) Mouse mAb #4548
|W IHC-P IF-IC F||H||Endogenous||46||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Keratin 18 (DC10) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total keratin 18 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other keratins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody (isotype: IgG1) is produced by immunizing mice with human PMC-42 breast carcinoma cells.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and A431 cells, using Keratin 18 (DC10) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic localization using Keratin 18 (DC10) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using Keratin 18 (DC10) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human benign prostate hyperplasia, using Keratin 18 (DC10) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells, using Keratin 18 (DC10) Mouse mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HepG2 (left) and SH-SY5Y (right) cells using Keratin 18 (DC10) Mouse mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Keratins (cytokeratins) are intermediate filament proteins that are mainly expressed in epithelial cells. Keratin heterodimers composed of an acidic keratin (or type I keratin, keratins 9 to 23) and a basic keratin (or type II keratin, keratins 1 to 8) assemble to form filaments (1,2). Keratin isoforms demonstrate tissue- and differentiation-specific profiles that make them useful as biomarkers (1). Research studies have shown that mutations in keratin genes are associated with skin disorders, liver and pancreatic diseases, and inflammatory intestinal diseases (3-6).
- Moll, R. et al. (1982) Cell 31, 11-24.
- Chang, L. and Goldman, R.D. (2004) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5, 601-13.
- Ramaekers, F.C. and Bosman, F.T. (2004) J Pathol 204, 351-4.
- Lane, E.B. and McLean, W.H. (2004) J Pathol 204, 355-66.
- Zatloukal, K. et al. (2004) J Pathol 204, 367-76.
- Owens, D.W. and Lane, E.B. (2004) J Pathol 204, 377-85.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4545 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb
- 4546 Keratin 8/18 (C51) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4523 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4528 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.