Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) #4552
|4552S||100 µl (50 tests)||---||In Stock||---|
|4552||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|F||1:50||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, S. cerevisiae||Endogenous||40||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot using the unconjugated antibody.
Applications Key: F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Zebrafish.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of p38 MAP kinase only when dually phosphorylated at Thr180 and Tyr182. This antibody does not appreciably cross-react with the corresponding phosphorylated forms of either p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) or SAPK/JNK.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr180/Tyr182 of human p38 MAP kinase. This antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions with an F/P ratio of 2-6. The Alexa Fluor® 647 dye is maximally excited by red light (e.g. 633 nm He-Ne laser). Antibody conjugates of the Alexa Fluor® 647 dye produce bright far-red-fluorescence emission, with a peak at 665 nm.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorescent dye and tested in-house for direct flow cytometric analysis of human and mouse cells. The unconjugated antibody #9216 reacts with human, mouse, rat, D. melanogaster, monkey, S.cerevisiae and zebra fish phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182). CST expects that Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) will also recognize phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) in these species.
p38 MAP kinase (MAPK), also called RK (1) or CSBP (2), is the mammalian orthologue of the yeast HOG kinase that participates in a signaling cascade controlling cellular responses to cytokines and stress (1-4). Four isoforms of p38 MAPK, p38α, β, γ (also known as Erk6 or SAPK3), and δ (also known as SAPK4) have been identified. Similar to the SAPK/JNK pathway, p38 MAPK is activated by a variety of cellular stresses including osmotic shock, inflammatory cytokines, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), UV light, and growth factors (1-5). MKK3, MKK6, and SEK activate p38 MAPK by phosphorylation at Thr180 and Tyr182. Activated p38 MAPK has been shown to phosphorylate and activate MAPKAP kinase 2 (3) and to phosphorylate the transcription factors ATF-2 (5), Max (6), and MEF2 (5-8).
SB203580 (4-(4-fluorophenyl)-2-(4-methylsulfinylphenyl)-5-(4-pyridyl)-imidazole) is a selective inhibitor of p38 MAPK. This compound inhibits the activation of MAPKAPK-2 by p38 MAPK and subsequent phosphorylation of HSP27 (9). SB203580 inhibits p38 MAPK catalytic activity by binding to the ATP-binding pocket, but does not inhibit phosphorylation of p38 MAPK by upstream kinases (10).
- Rouse, J. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1027-1037.
- Han, J. et al. (1994) Science 265, 808-811.
- Lee, J.C. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 739-746.
- Freshney, N.W. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1039-1049.
- Raingeaud, J. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 7420-7426.
- Zervos, A.S. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92, 10531-10534.
- Zhao, M. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 21-30.
- Yang, S.H. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 4028-4038.
- Cuenda, A. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett 364, 229-33.
- Kumar, S. et al. (1999) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263, 825-31.
- Kalland, M.E. et al. (2011) J Immunol 187, 5233-45. Applications: Flow Cytometry.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4551 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4511 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9215 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb
- 2371 p38α MAPK (7D6) Rabbit mAb
- 9217 p38α MAPK (5F11) Mouse mAb
- 9228 p38α MAPK (L53F8) Mouse mAb
- 2339 p38β MAPK (C28C2) Rabbit mAb
- 2308 p38δ MAPK (10A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9216 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb
- 4631 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (12F8) Rabbit mAb
- 2307 p38γ MAPK Antibody
- 9211 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody
- 9212 p38 MAPK Antibody
- 9218 p38α MAPK Antibody
- 9214 p38δ MAPK Antibody
- 9210 PhosphoPlus® p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody Kit
- 2985 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
The Alexa Fluor® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc., for research use only, except for use in combination with DNA microarrays. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430 dye) are covered by pending and issued patents. Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.