Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Keratin 19 (BA17) Mouse mAb #4558
|W IHC-P||H||Endogenous||40||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Keratin 19 (BA17) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total keratin 19 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other keratin proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with detergent-insoluble extract of human mammary epithelial organoids.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Keratin 19 (BA17) Mouse mAb. As expected, the protein is absent in A-431 and HeLa cells.
Immunhistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Keratin 19 (BA17) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded MCF-7 cells (positive, left) and A-431 cells (negative, right), using Keratin 19 (BA17) Mouse mAb.
Keratins (cytokeratins) are intermediate filament proteins that are mainly expressed in epithelial cells. Keratin heterodimers composed of an acidic keratin (or type I keratin, keratins 9 to 23) and a basic keratin (or type II keratin, keratins 1 to 8) assemble to form filaments (1,2). Keratin isoforms demonstrate tissue- and differentiation-specific profiles that make them useful as biomarkers (1). Research studies have shown that mutations in keratin genes are associated with skin disorders, liver and pancreatic diseases, and inflammatory intestinal diseases (3-6).
- Moll, R. et al. (1982) Cell 31, 11-24.
- Chang, L. and Goldman, R.D. (2004) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5, 601-13.
- Ramaekers, F.C. and Bosman, F.T. (2004) J Pathol 204, 351-4.
- Lane, E.B. and McLean, W.H. (2004) J Pathol 204, 355-66.
- Zatloukal, K. et al. (2004) J Pathol 204, 367-76.
- Owens, D.W. and Lane, E.B. (2004) J Pathol 204, 377-85.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4548 Keratin 18 (DC10) Mouse mAb
- 4546 Keratin 8/18 (C51) Mouse mAb
- 4523 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4528 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 4545 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.