Product Pathways - Translational Control
TFII-I Antibody #4562
|4562S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4562||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||135, 138||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
TFII-I Antibody detects endogenous levels of total TFII-I (all isoforms).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human TFII-I. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, HEK293, U-937, COS, C2C12 and WEHI-231 cells, using TFII-I Antibody.
TFII-I (also known as SPIN and BAP-135) is a mutifunctional transcription factor that facilitates basal transcriptional machinery assembly at the core promotor region, as well as the assembly of the transcriptional activator complex at upstream regulatory sites (1). Four isoforms of TFII-I (alpha, beta, gamma, and delta) form homo- or heteromeric complexes, which may perform different functions on different promoters (1). In B cells, cross-linking of BCR (B cell receptors) leads to TFII-I phosphorylation at Tyr248 by Btk (2). This phosphorylation disrupts the association of Btk and TFII-I and enhances TFII-I transcriptional activity and nuclear localization (2). In nonlymphoid cells, TFII-I is phosphorylated at Tyr248 by Src dependent kinase or JAK2 (3,4). PKG (cGMP-dependent kinase) interacts with and phosphorylates TFII-I at Ser371 and 743, which also promotes TFII-I transcription activity (5). TFII-I activity is also modulated by HDAC3 (Histone Deacetylase 3) through a physical interaction between the two proteins (6).
- Roy, A.L. (2001) Gene 274, 1-13.
- Novina, C. D. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 5014-5024.
- Kim, D. and Cochran, B.H. (2001) Mol. Cell. Biol. 21, 3387-3397.
- Cheriyath, V. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 22798-22805.
- Casteel, D. E. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 32003-32014.
- Wen, Y. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 1841-1847.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3771 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007/1008) Antibody
- 2101 Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) Antibody
- 2102 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr416) (7G9) Mouse mAb
- 2105 Phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 2107 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 2632 Histone Deacetylase 3 (HDAC3) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.