Product Pathways - Metabolism
Fumarase (D9C5) Rabbit mAb #4567
|W||H M R Hm Mk||Endogenous||49||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Fumarase (D9C5) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total fumarase protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly354 of human fumarase protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, untransfected (-) or transfected with a Myc-tagged cDNA expression construct encoding human fumarase (hFumarase-Myc; +), using Fumarase (D9C5) Rabbit mAb (upper) and Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb #2278 (lower).
Fumarate hydratase (Fumarase, FH) is canonically regarded as a mitochondrial enzyme of the tricarboxylic acid cycle that catalyzes fumarate to malate (1,2). Studies have demonstrated that deficiencies in FH can lead to hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer (1,3) or, in homozygous germline mutations, severe neurological and muscular disorders (1,2). There also exists a cytosolic fumarase isoenzyme that is involved in DNA damage repair (3).
- Isaacs, J.S. et al. (2005) Cancer Cell 8, 143-53.
- Bourgeron, T. et al. (1994) J Clin Invest 93, 2514-8.
- Yogev, O. et al. (2010) PLoS Biol 8, e1000328.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5839 SDHA Antibody
- 8866 Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 5557 Succinyl-CoA Synthetase Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 8169 Hexokinase II (3D7) Mouse mAb
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 4053 PKM2 (D78A4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3827 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 5174 GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.