Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Cool2/αPix (C23D2) Rabbit mAb #4573
|4573S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4573||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||87||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cool2/αPix (C23D2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Cool2/αPix protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human Cool2/αPix.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Cool2/αPix (C23D2) Rabbit mAb.
Cool/Pix proteins comprise a family of guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs) localized to focal adhesions. The family consists of two isoforms, cool2/αPix and cool1/βPix, the latter having two splice variants that vary in their carboxy termini (1). Cool2/αPix, like other GEFs, has a DH (Dbl homology) domain, which allows binding of small GTPases and GDP/GTP exchange, and a PH (Pleckstrin homology) domain (2).
X-chromosomal genes mutated in nonspecific mental retardation (MRX) comprise a family of genes, including the gene encoding Cool2/αPix, thought to be involved in mental retardation (3,4).
Cool2/αPix interacts with β-parvin/affixin, a protein involved in integrin signaling (5), and may act downstream of integrin-linked kinase (ILK) to regulate actin reorganization and cell spreading (6).
When Cool2αPix exists as a dimer, it functions as a Rac-specific GEF, whereas the monomeric protein acts as a GEF for both Rac and Cdc42. Regulation of Cool2/αPix dimerization, and therefore its specificity, occurs at least in part through p21 activated kinase (PAK) in response to extracellular signaling (7). Further, binding of Cdc42 enhances the Rac GEF activity of the Cool2/αPix dimer. Activated Rac in turn inhibits Cool2/αPix Rac GEF activity (8).
- Koh, C.G. et al. (2001) J Cell Sci 114, 4239-51.
- Kutsche, K. and Gal, A. (2001) Cytogenet Cell Genet 95, 196-201.
- Kutsche, K. et al. (2000) Nat Genet 26, 247-50.
- Lower, K.M. and Gecz, J. (2001) Am J Med Genet 100, 43-8.
- Rosenberger, G. et al. (2003) Hum Mol Genet 12, 155-67.
- Filipenko, N.R. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 5837-49.
- Feng, Q. et al. (2004) EMBO J 23, 3492-504.
- Baird, D. et al. (2005) Curr Biol 15, 1-10.
- Daubon, T. et al. (2011) Mol Cell Biol 31, 4430-41. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4515 Cool1/βPix Antibody
- 2919 GIT-1 Antibody
- 2461 Phospho-Rac1/cdc42 (Ser71) Antibody
- 2466 Cdc42 (11A11) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.