Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
BACH1/BRIP1 Antibody #4578
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
BACH1/BRIP1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of human BACH1 protein.
Source / Purification
BACH1/BRIP1 Antibody is produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human BACH1. Antibodies are purified by Protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
BACH1, also known as BRIP1 and FANCJ, is a DNA helicase involved in repair of DNA cross-links and double strand breaks (1-3). Interaction between phosphorylated BACH1 and BRCA1 is required for DNA damage-induced checkpoint signaling (3,4). Originally identified as a breast cancer susceptibility gene (1), the BACH1 gene is mutated in Fanconi anemia (5), a recessive disorder characterized by multiple congenital abnormalities, progressive bone marrow failure, and high cancer risk/predisposition. Research investigators have concluded that BACH1 interactions with BRCA1 and the presence of BACH1 mutations in patients with early onset breast cancer indicate that BACH1 may act as a tumor suppressor (6).Phosphorylation of BACH1 at Thr1133 is thought to be involved in regulation of the replication checkpoint and is required for the interaction of BACH1 with TopBP1 (7).
- Cantor, S.B. et al. (2001) Cell 105, 149-60.
- Litman, R. et al. (2005) Cancer Cell 8, 255-65.
- Peng, M. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 2245-53.
- Shiozaki, E.N. et al. (2004) Mol Cell 14, 405-12.
- Kennedy, R.D. and D'Andrea, A.D. (2005) Genes Dev 19, 2925-40.
- Cantor, S.B. and Guillemette, S. (2011) Future Oncol 7, 253-61.
- Gong, Z. et al. (2010) Mol Cell 37, 438-46.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.