Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) #4580
|IF-IC||H M R||Endogenous||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of total survivin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Cys60 of human survivin protein. The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 555 under optimal conditions with an F/P ratio of 2-6.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 555 fluorescent dye and tested in-house for immunofluorescent analysis in human cells. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb #2808.
Survivin is a 16 kDa anti-apoptotic protein highly expressed during fetal development and cancer cell malignancy (1). Survivin binds and inhibits caspase-3, controlling the checkpoint in the G2/M-phase of the cell cycle by inhibiting apoptosis and promoting cell division (2,3). This regulatory process requires the phosphorylation of survivin at Thr34 by p34 cdc2 kinase (4). Gene targeting using a Thr34 phosphorylation-defective survivin mutant, as well as antisense survivin, have been shown to inhibit tumor growth (5,6).
- Reed, J.C. and Reed, S.I. (1999) Nature Cell Biol. 1, 199-200.
- Li, F. et al. (1998) Nature 396, 580-584.
- Li, F. et al. (1999) Nat. Cell Biol. 1, 461-466.
- O'Connor, D.S. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 13103-13107.
- Olie, R.A. et al. (2000) Cancer Res. 60, 2805-2809.
- Grossman, D. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 635-640.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2808 Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb
- 2866 Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 2810 Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
Rabbit monoclonal antibody is produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patent No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.