Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
GATA-1 (D24E4) XP® Rabbit mAb #4589
|4589S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4589P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4589||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
GATA-1 (D24E4) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of GATA-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala184 of human GATA-1.
Western blot analysis of lysates from K-562, HEL and HeLa cells using GATA-1 (D24E4) XP® Rabbit mAb. * putative GATA-1 fragment.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells (red) and K-562 cells (blue) using GATA-1 (D24E4) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of K-562 (left) and HeLa (right) cells using GATA-1 (D24E4) XP® Rabbit mAb (green) and S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb #2317 (red).
GATA proteins comprise a group of transcription factors that are related by the presence of conserved zinc finger DNA binding domains, which bind directly to the nucleotide sequence core element GATA (1-3). There are six vertebrate GATA proteins, designated GATA-1 to GATA-6 (3).
GATA-1 is the founding member of the GATA family and is required for erythroid and megakaryocytic cell development (4,5). Mutations in the corresponding GATA-1 gene are linked to many human diseases, including acute megakaryoblastic leukemia in Down Syndrome children (DS-AMKL), X-linked thrombocytopenia, and gray platelet syndrome (6-9).
- Ko, L.J. and Engel, J.D. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 4011-22.
- Merika, M. and Orkin, S.H. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 3999-4010.
- Lowry, J.A. and Atchley, W.R. (2000) J Mol Evol 50, 103-15.
- Pevny, L. et al. (1991) Nature 349, 257-60.
- Fujiwara, Y. et al. (1996) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 93, 12355-8.
- Wechsler, J. et al. (2002) Nat Genet 32, 148-52.
- Cantor, A.B. (2005) Int J Hematol 81, 378-84.
- Mehaffey, M.G. et al. (2001) Blood 98, 2681-8.
- Tubman, V.N. et al. (2007) Blood 109, 3297-9.
- Ahluwalia, M. et al. (2010) J Thromb Haemost 8, 2252-61. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4595 GATA-2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4591 GATA-1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.