Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bik Antibody #4592
|4592S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4592P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4592||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bik Antibody detects endogenous levels of Bik protein. It does not cross-react with other Bcl-2 family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in the amino-terminus of Bik. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Raji and Ramos cell lines using Bik Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using Bik Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic localization, using Bik Antibody.
Bik/Nbk (Bcl-2-interacting killer/natural born killer) is a potent pro-apoptotic protein belonging to a group of Bcl-2 family members that includes Bad, Bid, Bim, Hrk, and Noxa, containing a BH3 domain but lacking other conserved domains, BH1 or BH2 (1,2). Functionally, Bik is able to bind to and antagonize anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 family members including Bcl-2, Bcl-xL, and viral homologs E1B-19K and EBV-BHFR1. The BH3 domain of Bik is essential for its apoptotic activity and interaction with survival proteins (3). Phosphorylation of Bik is correlated with an increase in its pro-apoptotic activity (4).
- Boyd, J. M. et al. (1995) Oncogene 11, 1921-1928.
- Han, J. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16, 5857-5864.
- Tong, Y. et al. (2001) Mol. Cancer Ther. 1, 95-102.
- Verma, S. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 4671-4676.
- Jane, E.P. et al. (2011) Mol Cancer Ther 10, 198-208. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.