Product Pathways - Metabolism
GATA-2 Antibody #4595
|W||H M R||Endogenous||51||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GATA-2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GATA-2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human GATA-2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The zinc finger transcription factor GATA-2 is widely expressed and plays an essential role in many developmental processes (1). Studies on GATA-2 knockout mice indicate that this protein is required in hematopoiesis (2). GATA-2 also inhibits the differentiation of white (3) and brown adipocytes (4) and has been shown to suppress the proliferation of neuronal progenitor cells (5).
- Tong, Q. et al. (2003) Drug News Perspect. 16, 585-588.
- Tsai, F.Y. et al. (1994) Nature 371, 221-226.
- Tong, Q. et al. (2005) Mol. Cell. Biol. 25, 706-715.
- Tsai, J. et al. (2005) EMBO Rep. 6, 879-884.
- El Wakil, A. et al. (2006) Development 133, 2155-2165.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.