Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Stat2 Antibody (Mouse Specific) #4597
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Stat2 Antibody (Mouse specific) detects endogenous levels of total mouse Stat2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of mouse Stat2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Stat2 (113-kDa), originally purified from the nuclei of alpha-interferon-treated cells, is critical to the transcriptional responses induced by type I interferons, IFN-alpha/beta (1,2). Knockout mice with a targeted disruption of Stat2 have higher susceptibility to viral infection and altered responses to type I interferons (3). Stat2 is rapidly activated by phosphorylation at Tyr690 in response to stimulation by IFN-alpha/beta via associations with receptor-bound Jak kinases (4). Unlike other Stat proteins, Stat2 does not form homodimers. Instead, activated Stat2 forms a heterodimer with Stat1 and translocates to the nucleus. There, it associates with the DNA-binding protein p48 and forms the transcriptional activator complex, interferon-stimulated gene factor 3 (ISGF3), promoting transcription from the ISRE (5).
- Fu, X.Y. et al. (1992) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89, 7840-3.
- Ihle, J.N. (2001) Curr Opin Cell Biol 13, 211-7.
- Park, C. et al. (2000) Immunity 13, 795-804.
- Improta, T. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91, 4776-80.
- Horvath, C.M. et al. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 6957-64.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4594 Stat2 Antibody
- 4441 Phospho-Stat2 (Tyr690) Antibody
- 9939 Stat Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.