Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Trk (pan) (C17F1) Rabbit mAb #4609
|W IP IF-IC F||H M R||Endogenous||140||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Trk (pan) (C17F1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Trk protein. This antibody detects TrkA, TrkB and TrkC.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Tyr785 of human TrkA.
Western blot analysis of extracts from fetal human brain and mouse brain using Trk (pan) (C17F1) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of NIH/3T3 cells, untransfected (blue) or TrkA transfected (green), using Trk (pan) (C17F1) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of NIH/3T3 cells, wild-type (upper left), NIH/3T3/TrkA (upper right), NIH/3T3/TrkB (lower left) or NIH/3T3/TrkC (lower right) using Trk (pan) (C17F1) Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5™ (fluorescent DNA dye).
The family of Trk receptor tyrosine kinases consists of TrkA, TrkB, and TrkC. While the sequence of these family members is highly conserved, they are activated by different neurotrophins: TrkA by NGF, TrkB by BDNF or NT4, and TrkC by NT3 (1). Neurotrophin signaling through these receptors regulates a number of physiological processes, such as cell survival, proliferation, neural development, and axon and dendrite growth and patterning (1). In the adult nervous system, the Trk receptors regulate synaptic strength and plasticity. TrkA regulates proliferation and is important for development and maturation of the nervous system (2). Phosphorylation at Tyr490 is required for Shc association and activation of the Ras-MAP kinase cascade (3,4). Residues Tyr674/675 lie within the catalytic domain, and phosphorylation at these sites reflects TrkA kinase activity (3-6). Point mutations, deletions, and chromosomal rearrangements (chimeras) cause ligand-independent receptor dimerization and activation of TrkA (7-10). TrkA is activated in many malignancies including breast, ovarian, prostate, and thyroid carcinomas (8-13). Research studies suggest that expression of TrkA in neuroblastomas may be a good prognostic marker as TrkA signals growth arrest and differentiation of cells originating from the neural crest (10).
- Huang, E.J. and Reichardt, L.F. (2003) Annu Rev Biochem 72, 609-42.
- Segal, R.A. and Greenberg, M.E. (1996) Annu Rev Neurosci 19, 463-89.
- Stephens, R.M. et al. (1994) Neuron 12, 691-705.
- Marsh, H.N. et al. (2003) J Cell Biol 163, 999-1010.
- Obermeier, A. et al. (1993) EMBO J 12, 933-41.
- Obermeier, A. et al. (1994) EMBO J 13, 1585-90.
- Arevalo, J.C. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 1229-34.
- Reuther, G.W. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 8655-66.
- Greco, A. et al. (1997) Genes Chromosomes Cancer 19, 112-23.
- Pierotti, M.A. and Greco, A. (2006) Cancer Lett 232, 90-8.
- Lagadec, C. et al. (2009) Oncogene 28, 1960-70.
- Greco, A. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Endocrinol 321, 44-9.
- Ødegaard, E. et al. (2007) Hum Pathol 38, 140-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9141 Phospho-TrkA (Tyr490) Antibody
- 4619 Phospho-TrkA (Tyr490)/TrkB (Tyr516) (C35G9) Rabbit mAb
- 4621 Phospho-TrkA (Tyr674/675)/TrkB (Tyr706/707) (C50F3) Rabbit mAb
- 2508 TrkA (14G6) Rabbit mAb
- 4607 TrkB (80G2) Rabbit mAb
- 2431 Phospho-Shc (Tyr317) Antibody
- 3965 Ras Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.