Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Dysbindin Antibody #4611
|4611S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4611||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Dysbindin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total dysbindin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human dysbindin. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Dysbindin, or dystrobrevin-binding protein 1, is a coiled-coil-containing protein expressed in muscle and brain that was identified as a binding partner of dystrobrevin (1). Dysbindin upregulates expression of the pre-synaptic proteins SNAP25 and synapsin I, thereby increasing glutamate release and promoting neuronal viability through Akt signaling. In particular, Akt phosphorylation is suppressed with downregulation of dysbindin and increased with upregulation of dysbindin (2). A nonsense mutation of dysbindin causes Hermansky-Pudlak disease, an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by lysosomal storage defects and prolonged bleeding. (2). Genetic variation in the gene encoding dysbindin is strongly associated with schizophrenia and protein levels are reduced in the prefrontal cortex, midbrain and hippocampus of brains from patients with schizophrenia (3,4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2311 Phospho-Synapsin (Ser9) Antibody
- 2312 Synapsin Antibody
- 3757 SNIP/p140Cap Antibody
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 9998 BSA
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.