Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
CTMP Antibody #4612
|W IP F||H M R||Endogenous||22, 26||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CTMP Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CTMP protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human CTMP. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3 and C6 cells, using the CTMP Antibody.
Carboxyl-terminal modulator protein (CTMP) is a negative regulator of Akt and was identified as an Akt binding protein. Akt, also referred to as PKB or Rac, plays a critical role in controlling the balance between survival and apoptosis (1-3). This protein kinase, activated by insulin and various growth and survival factors, functions in a wortmannin-sensitive pathway involving PI3 kinase (2,3). Akt is activated by phospholipid binding and activation loop phosphorylation at Thr308 by PDK1 (4), and by phosphorylation within the carboxy-terminus at Ser473. CTMP binds to the regulatory domain of Akt at the carboxy terminus of the protein and inhibits phosphorylation on Thr308 and Ser473 (5).
- Franke , T. F. et al. (1997) Cell 88, 435-437.
- Burgering, B.M. and Coffer, P.J. (1995) Nature 376, 599-602.
- Franke, . F. et al. (1995) Cell 81, 727-736.
- Alessi, D. R. et al. (1996) EMBO J. 15, 6541-6551.
- Maira, S. M. et al. (2001) Science 294, 374-380.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9273 Akt Control Cell Extracts
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.