Product Pathways - Development
MAML2 Antibody #4618
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||160||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MAML2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MAML2 protein. It does not cross-react with MAML1 and MAML3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp800 of human MAML2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Mastermind-like (MAML) family of proteins are homologs of Drosophila Mastermind. The family is composed of three members in mammals: MAML1, MAML2, and MAML3 (1,2). MAML proteins form complexes with the intracellular domain of Notch (ICN) and the transcription factor CSL (RBP-Jκ) to regulate Notch target gene expression (3-5). MAML1 also interacts with myocyte enhancer factor 2C (MEF2C) to regulate myogenesis (6). MAML2 is frequently found to be fused with Mucoepidermoid carcinoma translocated gene 1 (MECT1, also know as WAMTP1 or TORC1) in patients with mucoepidermoid carcinomas and Warthin's tumors (7).
- Wu, L. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell Biol. 22, 7688-7700.
- Lin, S.E. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 50612-50620.
- Kitagawa, M. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell Biol. 21, 4337-4346.
- Nam, Y. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 21232-21239.
- Nam, Y. et al. (2006) Cell 124, 973-983.
- Shen, H. et al. (2006) Genes Dev. 20, 675-688.
- Tonon, G. et al. (2003) Nat. Genet. 33, 208-213.
- Köchert, K. et al. (2011) Oncogene 30, 1831-40. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4608 MAML1 Antibody
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.