Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Histone H3 (D2B12) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated) #4620
|4620S||100 µl (10 immunoprecipitations)||---||In Stock||---|
|4620||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|ChIP||1:50||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||17||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by ChIP.
Applications Key: ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Hamster, Monkey, Chicken, D. melanogaster, Xenopus, Zebrafish, Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Histone H3 (D2B12) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated) detects endogenous levels of total histone H3 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other histones.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of the human histone H3 protein.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HeLa cells and either 10 μl of Histone H3 (D2B12) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated) or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human GAPDH Exon 1 Primers #5516, SimpleChIP® Human RPL30 Exon 3 Primers #7014, SimpleChIP® Human MYT-1 Exon 1 Primers #4493, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Modulation of chromatin structure plays an important role in the regulation of transcription in eukaryotes. The nucleosome, made up of DNA wound around eight core histone proteins (two each of H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), is the primary building block of chromatin (1). The amino-terminal tails of core histones undergo various post-translational modifications, including acetylation, phosphorylation, methylation, and ubiquitination (2-5). These modifications occur in response to various stimuli and have a direct effect on the accessibility of chromatin to transcription factors and, therefore, gene expression (6). In most species, histone H2B is primarily acetylated at Lys5, 12, 15, and 20 (4,7). Histone H3 is primarily acetylated at Lys9, 14, 18, 23, 27, and 56. Acetylation of H3 at Lys9 appears to have a dominant role in histone deposition and chromatin assembly in some organisms (2,3). Phosphorylation at Ser10, Ser28, and Thr11 of histone H3 is tightly correlated with chromosome condensation during both mitosis and meiosis (8-10). Phosphorylation at Thr3 of histone H3 is highly conserved among many species and is catalyzed by the kinase haspin. Immunostaining with phospho-specific antibodies in mammalian cells reveals mitotic phosphorylation at Thr3 of H3 in prophase and its dephosphorylation during anaphase (11).
- Workman, J.L. and Kingston, R.E. (1998) Annu Rev Biochem 67, 545-79.
- Hansen, J.C. et al. (1998) Biochemistry 37, 17637-41.
- Strahl, B.D. and Allis, C.D. (2000) Nature 403, 41-5.
- Cheung, P. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 263-71.
- Bernstein, B.E. and Schreiber, S.L. (2002) Chem Biol 9, 1167-73.
- Jaskelioff, M. and Peterson, C.L. (2003) Nat Cell Biol 5, 395-9.
- Thorne, A.W. et al. (1990) Eur J Biochem 193, 701-13.
- Hendzel, M.J. et al. (1997) Chromosoma 106, 348-60.
- Goto, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 25543-9.
- Preuss, U. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res 31, 878-85.
- Dai, J. et al. (2005) Genes Dev 19, 472-88.
- Farrell, J.J. et al. (2011) Blood 117, 4935-45. Applications: Chromatin IP.
- Chiang, C.K. et al. (2012) Am J Physiol Cell Physiol , . Applications: Chromatin IP.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 2729 Normal Rabbit IgG
- 9725 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C64G9) Rabbit mAb
- 9751 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C42D8) Rabbit mAb
- 9753 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 9754 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 4069 Pan-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 9728 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) (D18C8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9756 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) Antibody
- 4909 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys36) (D5A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9649 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (C5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 9677 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9/Lys14) Antibody
- 9675 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) Antibody
- 2960 Histone H4 (L64C1) Mouse mAb (ChIP Formulated)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.