Product Pathways - Apoptosis
TMS1 Antibody #4628
|W||H (M) (R) (Mk)||Endogenous||22||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TMS1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total TMS1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of mouse TMS1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, mock transfected or transfected with a mouse TMS1 construct, using TMS1 Antibody.
TMS1 (target of methylation-induced silencing)/ASC (apoptosis-associated speck-like protein containing a CARD), also referred to as PYCARD and CARD5, is a 22-kDa pro-apoptotic protein containing an N-terminal pyrin domain (PYD) and a C-terminal caspase recruitment domain (CARD) (1-2). The TMS1 gene was originally found to be aberrantly methylated and silenced in breast cancer cells (2), and has since been found to be silenced in a number of other cancers, including ovarian cancer (3), glioblastoma (4), melanoma (5), gastric cancer (6), lung cancer (7), and prostate cancer (8). Expression of TMS1 can be induced by pro-apoptotic/inflammatory stimuli (9). During apoptosis TMS1 is re-distributed from the cytosol to the mitochondria and associates with mitochondrial Bax to trigger cytochrome c release and subsequent apoptosis (10). TMS1 has also been found to be a critical component of inflammatory signaling where it associates with and activates caspase-1 in response to pro-inflammatory signals (11).
- Masumoto, J. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 33835-8.
- Conway, K.E. et al. (2000) Cancer Res 60, 6236-42.
- Terasawa, K. et al. (2004) Clin Cancer Res 10, 2000-6.
- Stone, A.R. et al. (2004) Am J Pathol 165, 1151-61.
- Guan, X. et al. (2003) Int J Cancer 107, 202-8.
- Moriai, R. et al. Anticancer Res 22, 4163-8.
- Virmani, A. et al. (2003) Int J Cancer 106, 198-204.
- Das, P.M. et al. (2006) Mol Cancer 5, 28.
- Strong, R. et al. (1991) Brain Res 542, 23-8.
- Ohtsuka, T. et al. (2004) Nat Cell Biol 6, 121-8.
- Srinivasula, S.M. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 21119-22.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3545 Nod1 Antibody
- 2225 Caspase-1 Antibody
- 4990 NALP1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.