Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (12F8) Rabbit mAb #4631
|W IHC-P IF-IC||H M R Mk Dm (Hm) (Mi) (Z)||Endogenous||43||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey Mi=Mink Dm=D. melanogaster Z=Zebrafish
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-p38 MAP Kinase (Thr180/Tyr182) (12F8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of p38 MAPK only when dually phosphorylated at threonine 180 and tyrosine182. It will also react with p38 singly phosphorlyated at Thr180. This antibody does not cross-react with the phosphorylated forms of either p42/44 MAPK or SAPK/JNK.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr180/Tyr182 of human p38 MAPK.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat, NIH/3T3 and PC12 cells, untreated or treated as indicated, using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (12F8) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemistry of paraffin-embedded lung carcinoma, showing nuclear localization, using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (12F8) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemistry of paraffin-embedded colon carcinoma, showing nuclear localization, using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (12F8) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemistry of paraffin-embedded human glioblastoma, untreated (left) or CIP phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (12F8) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemistry of paraffin-embedded breast carcinoma, using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (12F8) Rabbit mAb (left) or the same antibody preincubated with antigen phospho-peptide (right).
Immunohistochemistry of paraffin-embedded NIH/3T3 cells, untreated (left) or anisomycin-treated (right), using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (12F8) Rabbit mAb.
p38 MAP kinase (MAPK), also called RK (1) or CSBP (2), is the mammalian orthologue of the yeast HOG kinase that participates in a signaling cascade controlling cellular responses to cytokines and stress (1-4). Four isoforms of p38 MAPK, p38α, β, γ (also known as Erk6 or SAPK3), and δ (also known as SAPK4) have been identified. Similar to the SAPK/JNK pathway, p38 MAPK is activated by a variety of cellular stresses including osmotic shock, inflammatory cytokines, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), UV light, and growth factors (1-5). MKK3, MKK6, and SEK activate p38 MAPK by phosphorylation at Thr180 and Tyr182. Activated p38 MAPK has been shown to phosphorylate and activate MAPKAP kinase 2 (3) and to phosphorylate the transcription factors ATF-2 (5), Max (6), and MEF2 (5-8).SB203580 (4-(4-fluorophenyl)-2-(4-methylsulfinylphenyl)-5-(4-pyridyl)-imidazole) is a selective inhibitor of p38 MAPK. This compound inhibits the activation of MAPKAPK-2 by p38 MAPK and subsequent phosphorylation of HSP27 (9). SB203580 inhibits p38 MAPK catalytic activity by binding to the ATP-binding pocket, but does not inhibit phosphorylation of p38 MAPK by upstream kinases (10).
- Rouse, J. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1027-1037.
- Han, J. et al. (1994) Science 265, 808-811.
- Lee, J.C. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 739-746.
- Freshney, N.W. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1039-1049.
- Raingeaud, J. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 7420-7426.
- Zervos, A.S. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92, 10531-10534.
- Zhao, M. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 21-30.
- Yang, S.H. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 4028-4038.
- Cuenda, A. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett 364, 229-33.
- Kumar, S. et al. (1999) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263, 825-31.
- Miyaji, M. et al. (2009) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106, 14502-7. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1170 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Blocking Peptide
- 9913 Phospho-p38 MAPK Pathway Sampler Kit
- 9213 p38 MAPK Control Cell Extracts
- 4511 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9215 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb
- 2371 p38α MAPK (7D6) Rabbit mAb
- 9217 p38α MAPK (5F11) Mouse mAb
- 9228 p38α MAPK (L53F8) Mouse mAb
- 2339 p38β MAPK (C28C2) Rabbit mAb
- 2308 p38δ MAPK (10A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9216 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb
- 2307 p38γ MAPK Antibody
- 9211 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody
- 9212 p38 MAPK Antibody
- 9218 p38α MAPK Antibody
- 9214 p38δ MAPK Antibody
- 9210 PhosphoPlus® p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody Kit
- 9219 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Mouse mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.