Product Pathways - DNA Damage
GADD45 alpha (D17E8) Rabbit mAb #4632
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||22||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GADD45 alpha Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GADD45 alpha protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Asp129 of human GADD45 alpha.
GADD45 α, β and γ are an evolutionarily conserved, homologous family of nuclear proteins that function as stress sensors for cellular physiological and environmental damage. GADD45 proteins are required for the activation of the G2/M checkpoint induced by UV radiation or alkylating agents (1). GADD45-induced G2/M checkpoint is regulated through inactivation of Cdc2-cyclin B1 kinase (2). GADD45 forms a complex with p21 and Cdc2, and may serve as core for interaction with other cell cycle regulators (3,4).
- Wang, X.W. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96, 3706-11.
- Yang, Q. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 36892-8.
- Zhao, H. et al. (2000) Exp Cell Res 258, 92-100.
- Liebermann, D.A. and Hoffman, B. (2008) J Mol Signal 3, 15.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.