Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Cyclin A2 (BF683) Mouse mAb #4656
|W F||H||Endogenous||55||Mouse IgG2b|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cyclin A2 (BF683) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of cyclin A2 and does not cross-react with other cyclins or Cyclin A1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human cyclin A2 protein.
Western analysis of extracts from Hela cells that were untreated, treated with doxorubicin (0.5 µM, 24 hours), or with nocodazole (50 ng/ml, 24 hours), using Cyclin A2 (BF683) Mouse mAb.
While overcoming the G1/S checkpoint to commence DNA replication requires cyclin E, and traversing the G2/M checkpoint to initiate mitosis requires cyclin B to be present, cyclin A seems to be required for both S-phase and M-phase (1). A number of studies have described the ability of over-expressed cyclin A to accellerate the G1 to S transition causing DNA replication, and cyclin A antisense DNA can prevent DNA replication (2-4). Cyclin A availability is apparently the rate-limiting step for entry into mitosis, and cyclin A is required for completion of prophase (5). At late prophase, cyclin A may no longer be necessary as cdc2/cyclinB1 becomes active (5).
- Pagano, M. et al. (1992) EMBO. J. 11, 961-971.
- Resnitzky, D. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 4347-4352.
- d'Urso, G. et al. (1990) Science 250, 786-791.
- Zindy, F. et al. (1992) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 182, 1144-1154.
- Furuno, N. et al. (1999) J. Cell. Biol. 147, 295-306.
- Chang, S.F. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 3927-32. Applications: Western Blotting
- Tagoug, I. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e22641. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2926 Cyclin D1 (DCS6) Mouse mAb
- 2936 Cyclin D3 (DCS22) Mouse mAb
- 4135 Cyclin B1 (V152) Mouse mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.