Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Phospho-p73 (Tyr99) Antibody #4665
|W||H (M) (R) (Mk)||Endogenous||80||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-p73 (Tyr99) Antibody detects endogenous levels of p73 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 99. This antibody cross-reacts with p63 when phosphorylated at tyrosine 149.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr99 of human p73. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The p53 family member, p73, exists in multiple isoforms/splice variants and can induce apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in response to DNA damage via its activity as a transcription regulator (1-3). Upon DNA damage, p73 is phosphorylated at Tyr99 by c-Abl, causing translocation to the nuclear matrix (4). DNA damage-induced acetylation of p73 at Lys321 by the acetyltransferase p300 has also been reported to enhance transcription of genes including that of p53AIP1 (5). Another report, however, indicates that p300 does not acetylate full length p73 in vivo (6).
While the sequences surrounding p73 Tyr99 and p63 Tyr149 are very similar, only p73 co-localizes with c-Abl following gamma irradiation, suggesting that p63 is not a c-Abl substrate (7).
- Kaghad, M. et al. (1997) Cell 90, 809-819.
- Jost, C.A. et al. (1997) Nature 389, 191-194.
- De Laurenzi, V. D. et al. (1999) Cell Death Differ. 6, 389-390.
- Ben-Yehoyada, M. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 34475-34482.
- Costanzo, A. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell 9, 175-186.
- Zeng, X. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 48-52.
- Hamer, G. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 4298-4304.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4662 p73 Antibody
- 4892 p63-α Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.