Product Pathways - DNA Damage
WRN (8H3) Mouse mAb #4666
|W||H M||Endogenous||200||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
WRN (8H3) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total WRN protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with full length human recombinant WRN protein.
The RecQ family of DNA and RNA helicases is a family of enzymes that has been shown to be important to genome integrity (1). Members of this family function in several DNA repair processes including double strand break repair, homologous recombination, and re-initiation of DNA replication at stalled replication forks (2,3). Mutations in RecQ helicase family members results in syndromes that display varying types of chromosomal abnormalities and overall genomic instability (1). WRN is a member of the RecQ family that has been identified as the gene underlying Werner’s syndrome; an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by premature aging and predisposition to cancer (4). Cells from Werner’s Syndrome patients exhibit genomic instability that is associated with deficient DNA repair activity (5).
- Cobb, J.A. et al. (2002) FEBS Lett 529, 43-8.
- Ouyang, K.J. et al. Mech Ageing Dev 129, 425-40.
- Kaneko, H. et al. (2004) Adv Biophys 38, 45-64.
- Epstein, C.J. et al. (1966) Medicine (Baltimore) 45, 177-221.
- Salk, D. et al. (1985) Adv Exp Med Biol 190, 541-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.