Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (81E11) Rabbit mAb #4668
|4668S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4668P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4668||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, D. melanogaster, S. cerevisiae||Endogenous||46, 54||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (81E11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of p46 and p54 SAPK/JNK only when phosphorylated at Thr183 and Tyr185. This antibody may cross-react with phosphorylated p44/42 or p38 MAP kinases.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr183/Tyr185 of human SAPK/JNK.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, untreated or UV-treated, NIH/3T3 cells, untreated or UV-treated and C6 cells, untreated or anisomycin-treated, using Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (81E11) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded 293T cells untreated (left) or UV-treated (right) using Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (81E11) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (81E11) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Blocking Peptide #1215 (right).
The stress-activated protein kinase/Jun-amino-terminal kinase SAPK/JNK is potently and preferentially activated by a variety of environmental stresses including UV and gamma radiation, ceramides, inflammatory cytokines, and in some instances, growth factors and GPCR agonists (1-6). As with the other MAPKs, the core signaling unit is composed of a MAPKKK, typically MEKK1-MEKK4, or by one of the mixed lineage kinases (MLKs), which phosphorylate and activate MKK4/7. Upon activation, MKKs phosphorylate and activate the SAPK/JNK kinase (2). Stress signals are delivered to this cascade by small GTPases of the Rho family (Rac, Rho, cdc42) (3). Both Rac1 and cdc42 mediate the stimulation of MEKKs and MLKs (3). Alternatively, MKK4/7 can be activated in a GTPase-independent mechanism via stimulation of a germinal center kinase (GCK) family member (4). There are three SAPK/JNK genes each of which undergoes alternative splicing, resulting in numerous isoforms (3). SAPK/JNK, when active as a dimer, can translocate to the nucleus and regulate transcription through its effects on c-Jun, ATF-2, and other transcription factors (3,5).
- Davis, R.J. (1999) Biochem Soc Symp 64, 1-12.
- Ichijo, H. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6087-93.
- Kyriakis, J.M. and Avruch, J. (2001) Physiol Rev 81, 807-69.
- Kyriakis, J.M. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 5259-62.
- Leppä, S. and Bohmann, D. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6158-62.
- Whitmarsh, A.J. and Davis, R.J. (1998) Trends Biochem Sci 23, 481-5.
- Hutchins, E.J. and Szaro, B.G. (2013) J Neurosci 33, 14666-80. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Lan, R. et al. (2012) Am J Physiol Renal Physiol , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Biton, S. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) Cell 145, 92-103. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Cui, H. et al. (2011) Biochem J , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Yang, P. et al. (2010) Nat Immunol 11, 487-94. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9251 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Antibody
- 9253 SAPK/JNK Control Cell Extracts
- 9255 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (G9) Mouse mAb
- 9258 SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4671 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (98F2) Rabbit mAb
- 4672 JNK2 Antibody
- 9252 SAPK/JNK Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.