Product Pathways - TGF-beta/Smad Signaling
BMP4 (6B7) Mouse mAb #4680
|4680S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4680||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human||Transfected Only||47||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
BMP4 (6B7) Mouse mAb detects transfected levels of total BMP4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a BMP4 fusion protein.
Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) were first identified as molecules that can induce ectopic bone and cartilage formation (1,2). BMPs belongs to the TGF-β superfamily, playing many diverse functions during development (3). BMPs are synthesized as precursor proteins and then processed by cleavage to release the c-terminal mature BMP. BMPs initiate signaling by binding to a receptor complex containing type I and type II serine/threonine receptor kinases that then phosphorylate Smad (mainly Smad1, 5 and 8), resulting the translocation of Smad into the nucleus. BMP was also reported to activate MAPK pathways in some systems (3,4).
BMP4 plays an essential role during development. Mouse embyros deficient in BMP4 die around the time of gastrulation (5). BMP4 regulates stem cell maintenance and differentiation in various systems (6-8).
- Wang, E.A. et al. (1988) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 85, 9484-8.
- Wozney, J.M. et al. (1988) Science 242, 1528-34.
- Kawabata, M. et al. (1998) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 9, 49-61.
- Nohe, A. et al. (2004) Cell Signal 16, 291-9.
- Dunn, N.R. et al. (1997) Dev Biol 188, 235-47.
- Nakayama, N. et al. (2000) Blood 95, 2275-83.
- Solmesky, L.J. et al. (2009) Stem Cells Dev 18, 1283-92.
- Goldman, O. et al. (2009) Stem Cells 27, 1750-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4693 BMP7 Antibody
- 9511 Phospho-Smad1 (Ser463/465)/ Smad5 (Ser463/465)/ Smad8 (Ser426/428) Antibody
- 9516 Phospho-Smad1/5 (Ser463/465) (41D10) Rabbit mAb
- 9517 Smad5 Antibody
- 9515 Smad4 Antibody
- 9513 Smad3 Antibody
- 9743 Smad1 Antibody
- 3122 Smad2 (86F7) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.