Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Chronophin/PDXP (C85E3) Rabbit mAb #4686
|W||H M R Hm Mk B||Endogenous||31||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Chronophin/PDXP (C85E3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total chronophin/PDXP protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant mouse MBP-chronophin.
Cofilin is a conserved actin-severing protein required for processes that rely on actin dynamics, including cytokinesis and cell motility (reviewed in 1). Regulation of actin dynamics requires the controlled cycling between the phosphorylated and unphosphorylated forms of cofilin (2). The severing activity of cofilin is inhibited by LIMK or TESK phosphorylation at the conserved amino-terminal Ser3 of cofilin (3,4). Slingshot (SSH) phosphatase, for which there have been three mammalian isoforms identified, dephosphorylates cofilin in vivo (5). Chronophin (CIN, PDXP) is a haloacid dehalogenase phosphatase that also dephosphorylates cofilin. Alteration of CIN activity through overexpression of either the wildtype or phosphatase-inactive mutant CIN interferes with actin dynamics, cell morphology and cytokinesis (6).
- Carlier, M.F. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 33827-33830.
- Huang, T.Y. et al. (2006) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 18, 26-31.
- Arber, S. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 805-809.
- Toshima, J. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 31449-31458.
- Niwa, R. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 233-246.
- Gohla, A. et al. (2005) Nat. Cell Biol. 7, 21-29.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3311 Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) Antibody
- 3313 Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) (77G2) Rabbit mAb
- 3312 Cofilin Antibody
- 3318 Cofilin (D59) Antibody
- 3841 Phospho-LIMK1 (Thr508)/LIMK2 (Thr505) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.