Product Pathways - Development
DKK1 Antibody #4687
|W||H||Transfected Only||30, 35||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DKK1 Antibody detects transfected levels of DKK1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with DKK2.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln75 of human DKK1. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Dickkopf (DKK) family proteins consist of four members DKK1, DKK2, DKK3 and DKK4 that function as secreted Wnt antagonists by inhibiting Wnt coreceptors LRP5 and LRP6 (1,2). DKKs contain two cysteine-rich domains in which the positions of 10 cysteine residues are well conserved (3). Their expression is both temporally and spatially regulated during animal development (4). DKKs also bind with high affinity to transmembrane proteins Kremen1 and 2, which themselves also modulate Wnt signaling (5,6).
DKK1 was initially identified as an inducer of head formation in Xenopus embryos (7) and plays an important role in the regulation of bone mass (8-10). Increased levels of DKK1 are found in the majority of lung cancers, esophageal squamous cell carcinomas, and hormone-resistant breast cancers (11,12), while DKK1 expression is decreased in malignant melanoma and colorectal cancers (13,14).
- Mao, B. et al. (2001) Nature 411, 321-5.
- Niehrs, C. (2006) Oncogene 25, 7469-81.
- Krupnik, V.E. et al. (1999) Gene 238, 301-13.
- Monaghan, A.P. et al. (1999) Mech Dev 87, 45-56.
- Mao, B. et al. (2002) Nature 417, 664-7.
- Davidson, G. et al. (2002) Development 129, 5587-96.
- Glinka, A. et al. (1998) Nature 391, 357-62.
- Baron, R. and Rawadi, G. (2007) Curr Osteoporos Rep 5, 73-80.
- MacDonald, B.T. et al. (2007) Bone 41, 331-9.
- Diarra, D. et al. (2007) Nat Med 13, 156-63.
- Forget, M.A. et al. (2007) Br J Cancer 96, 646-53.
- Yamabuki, T. et al. (2007) Cancer Res 67, 2517-25.
- Kuphal, S. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 5027-36.
- Aguilera, O. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 4116-21.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2530 Wnt5a/b (C27E8) Rabbit mAb
- 2391 Wnt3a Antibody
- 2392 Wnt5a Antibody
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2201 Naked1 (C30F10) Rabbit mAb
- 2262 Naked1 Antibody
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2504 APC Antibody
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2286 LEF1 (C18A7) Rabbit mAb
- 2565 TCF4 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 2569 TCF4 (C48H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2203 TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2206 TCF1 (C46C7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.