Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
cdc25C (5H9) Rabbit mAb #4688
|W||H||Endogenous||60, 75||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
cdc25C (5H9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total cdc25C protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a cdc25C full length fusion protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, 293 and K562 cells, using cdc25C (5H9) Rabbit mAb.
Cdc25 is a protein phosphatase responsible for dephosphorylating and activating cdc2, a crucial step in regulating the entry of all eukaryotic cells into mitosis (1). cdc25C is constitutively phosphorylated at Ser216 throughout interphase by c-TAK1, while phosphorylation at this site is DNA damage-dependent at the G2/M checkpoint (2). When phosphorylated at Ser216, cdc25C binds to members of the 14-3-3 family of proteins, sequestering cdc25C in the cytoplasm and thereby preventing premature mitosis (3). The checkpoint kinases Chk1 and Chk2 phosphorylate cdc25C at Ser216 in response to DNA damage (4,5).
- Jessus, C. and Ozon, R. (1995) Prog. Cell Cycle Res. 1, 215-228.
- Peng, C.Y. et al. (1997) Science 277, 1501-1505.
- Kumagai, A. and Dunphy, W.G. (1999) Genes Dev. 13, 1067-1072.
- Blasina, A. et al. (1999) Curr. Biol. 9, 1-10.
- Furnari, B. et al. (1999) Mol. Biol. Cell 10, 833-845.
- Hegemann, B. et al. (2011) Sci Signal 4, rs12. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4901 Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) (63F9) Rabbit mAb
- 9528 Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) Antibody
- 9527 Phospho-cdc25C (Thr48) Antibody
- 9529 Phospho-cdc25C (Ser198) Antibody
- 3652 cdc25A Antibody
- 9525 cdc25B Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.