Product Pathways - Development
SFRP1 Antibody #4690
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SFRP1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SFRP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly48 of human SFRP1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Secreted Frizzled-related proteins (SFRPs) display homology and structural similarity to the extracellular cysteine-rich Wnt-binding domain of the G protein-coupled receptor Frizzled (1,2). To date, five distinct SFRPs (SFRP1 to 5) have been found in mammalian cells. These secreted proteins typically act as antagonists to Wnt signaling by directly binding and inhibiting Wnt proteins, or by binding Frizzled to block Wnt protein interaction with the receptor (3). The various SFRPs bind and regulate Wnt proteins differentially; these proteins also display distinct expression patterns as they play important roles in regulating development (4-7). SFRP proteins appear to act as tumor suppressors, with loss of expression or function correlating with many invasive forms of cancer. Deletion of the corresponding SFRP1 gene and promoter hypermethylation leading to gene silencing has been reported in a number of cancers. Abnormal expression of SRFP1 and other Wnt signaling proteins is associated with some cases of retinitis pigmentosa (reviewed in 8).
- Dann, C.E. et al. (2001) Nature 412, 86-90.
- Kawano, Y. and Kypta, R. (2003) J Cell Sci 116, 2627-34.
- Bafico, A. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 16180-7.
- Galli, L.M. et al. (2006) Dev Dyn 235, 681-90.
- Wawrzak, D. et al. (2007) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357, 1119-23.
- Hu, E. et al. (1998) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 247, 287-93.
- Mao, C. et al. (2000) Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20, 43-51.
- Bovolenta, P. et al. (2008) J Cell Sci 121, 737-46.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 2677 β-Catenin (L54E2) Mouse mAb (IF Preferred)
- 4689 DKK2 (N70) Antibody
- 4683 DKK2 (G44) Antibody
- 4687 DKK1 Antibody
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2201 Naked1 (C30F10) Rabbit mAb
- 2203 TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2565 TCF4 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 2569 TCF4 (C48H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2721 Wnt3a (C64F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2530 Wnt5a/b (C27E8) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.