Product Pathways - Development
BMP7 Antibody #4693
|4693S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4693||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
BMP7 Antibody detects transfected levels of total mouse BMP7 protein. It only recognizes the BMP7 precursor protein (49 kDa), not the mature secreted from (16 kDa).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly99 of mouse BMP7. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) were first identified as molecules that can induce ectopic bone and cartilage formation (1,2). BMPs belongs to the TGF-β superfamily, playing many diverse functions during development (3). BMPs are synthesized as precursor proteins and then processed by cleavage to release the c-terminal mature BMP. BMPs initiate signaling by binding to a receptor complex containing type I and type II serine/threonine receptor kinases that then phosphorylate Smad (mainly Smad1, 5 and 8), resulting the translocation of Smad into the nucleus. BMP was also reported to activate MAPK pathways in some systems (3,4).
BMP7, also known as osteogenic protein-1 (OP-1), is found to be upregulated in some cancer cells (5-7), and may play a role in cancer metastasis (7-9).
- Wang, E.A. et al. (1988) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 85, 9484-8.
- Wozney, J.M. et al. (1988) Science 242, 1528-34.
- Kawabata, M. et al. (1998) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 9, 49-61.
- Nohe, A. et al. (2004) Cell Signal 16, 291-9.
- Yang, S. et al. (2005) Cancer Res 65, 5769-77.
- Alarmo, E.L. et al. (2006) Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45, 411-9.
- Motoyama, K. et al. (2008) Ann Surg Oncol 15, 1530-7.
- Buijs, J.T. et al. (2007) Cancer Res 67, 8742-51.
- Buijs, J.T. et al. (2007) Am J Pathol 171, 1047-57.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9511 Phospho-Smad1 (Ser463/465)/ Smad5 (Ser463/465)/ Smad8 (Ser426/428) Antibody
- 9516 Phospho-Smad1/5 (Ser463/465) (41D10) Rabbit mAb
- 9517 Smad5 Antibody
- 9515 Smad4 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.