Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb #4694
|4694S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4694||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||45||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total MEK1/2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with full length MEK1/2 proteins.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3, PC12 and COS cells, using MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic localization using MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human prostate carcinoma, using MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, U0126-treated (blue) or PMA-treated (green), using MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescence images of untreated HeLa cells labeled with MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb (red, left) compared to an isotype control (right). Actin filaments have been labeled with fluorescein phalloidin. Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
MEK1 and MEK2, also called MAPK or Erk kinases, are dual-specificity protein kinases that function in a mitogen activated protein kinase cascade controlling cell growth and differentiation (1-3). Activation of MEK1 and MEK2 occurs through phosphorylation of two serine residues at positions 217 and 221, located in the activation loop of subdomain VIII, by Raf-like molecules. MEK1/2 is activated by a wide variety of growth factors and cytokines and also by membrane depolarization and calcium influx (1-4). Constitutively active forms of MEK1/2 are sufficient for the transformation of NIH/3T3 cells or the differentiation of PC-12 cells (4). MEK activates p44 and p42 MAP kinase by phosphorylating both threonine and tyrosine residues at sites located within the activation loop of kinase subdomain VIII.
- Falco, A. et al. (2012) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9903 U0126
- 9160 MEK1/2 HeLa Control Cell Extracts
- 9120 PhosphoPlus® MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody Kit
- 9154 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) (41G9) Rabbit mAb
- 2338 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb
- 9126 MEK1/2 (47E6) Rabbit mAb
- 2352 MEK1 (61B12) Mouse mAb
- 9146 MEK1 (30C8) Rabbit mAb
- 9147 MEK2 (13E3) Rabbit mAb
- 9121 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody
- 9122 MEK1/2 Antibody
- 9124 MEK1 Antibody
- 9125 MEK2 Antibody
- 9127 Phospho-MEK1 (Thr286) Antibody
- 9128 Phospho-MEK1 (Ser298) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.