Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (L34F12) Mouse mAb #4696
|4696S||100 µl (20 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4696||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Mink, Zebrafish, Pig||Endogenous||42, 44||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p44/42 MAP Kinase (L34F12) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total p44/42 MAP kinase (Erk1/Erk2) protein. In some systems this antibody may recognize p42/Erk2 more readily than p44/Erk1. The antibody does not cross-react with JNK/SAPK or p38 MAP kinase.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of p42 MAP Kinase.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3, PC12 and COS cells, using p44/42 MAP Kinase (L34F12) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using p44/42 MAP Kinase (L34F12) Mouse mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or p44/42 MAP Kinase Blocking Peptide (#4696 Specific) #1245 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic and nuclear localization, using p44/42 MAP Kinase (L34F12) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, U0126-treated (blue) or PMA-treated (green), using p44/42 MAP Kinase (L34F12) Mouse mAb compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) are a widely conserved family of serine/threonine protein kinases involved in many cellular programs, such as cell proliferation, differentiation, motility, and death. The p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) signaling pathway can be activated in response to a diverse range of extracellular stimuli including mitogens, growth factors, and cytokines (1-3), and research investigators consider it an important target in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer (4). Upon stimulation, a sequential three-part protein kinase cascade is initiated, consisting of a MAP kinase kinase kinase (MAPKKK or MAP3K), a MAP kinase kinase (MAPKK or MAP2K), and a MAP kinase (MAPK). Multiple p44/42 MAP3Ks have been identified, including members of the Raf family, as well as Mos and Tpl2/COT. MEK1 and MEK2 are the primary MAPKKs in this pathway (5,6). MEK1 and MEK2 activate p44 and p42 through phosphorylation of activation loop residues Thr202/Tyr204 and Thr185/Tyr187, respectively. Several downstream targets of p44/42 have been identified, including p90RSK (7) and the transcription factor Elk-1 (8,9). p44/42 are negatively regulated by a family of dual-specificity (Thr/Tyr) MAPK phosphatases, known as DUSPs or MKPs (10), along with MEK inhibitors, such as U0126 and PD98059.
- Roux, P.P. and Blenis, J. (2004) Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 68, 320-44.
- Baccarini, M. (2005) FEBS Lett 579, 3271-7.
- Meloche, S. and Pouysségur, J. (2007) Oncogene 26, 3227-39.
- Roberts, P.J. and Der, C.J. (2007) Oncogene 26, 3291-310.
- Rubinfeld, H. and Seger, R. (2005) Mol Biotechnol 31, 151-74.
- Murphy, L.O. and Blenis, J. (2006) Trends Biochem Sci 31, 268-75.
- Dalby, K.N. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 1496-505.
- Marais, R. et al. (1993) Cell 73, 381-93.
- Kortenjann, M. et al. (1994) Mol Cell Biol 14, 4815-24.
- Owens, D.M. and Keyse, S.M. (2007) Oncogene 26, 3203-13.
- Morigi, M. et al. (2006) Am J Pathol 169, 1965-75. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9194 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Control Cell Extracts
- 4370 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (D13.14.4E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4376 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (20G11) Rabbit mAb
- 4377 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (197G2) Rabbit mAb
- 9101 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody
- 9106 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb
- 4372 p44 MAP Kinase (Erk1) Antibody
- 4695 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (137F5) Rabbit mAb
- 9102 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Antibody
- 9107 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (3A7) Mouse mAb
- 9108 p42 MAP Kinase (Erk2) Antibody
- 1245 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Blocking Peptide (#4696 Specific)
- 8103 SignalSlide® Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) IHC Controls
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.