Product Pathways - TGF-beta/Smad Signaling
Human BMP2 #4697
|26||recombinant human BMP2 expressed in E. coli||>95%|
Recombinant human BMP-2 was expressed in E. coli and is supplied in a lyophilized form. A greater than 95% purity was determined by reverse-phase HPLC and SDS-PAGE.
Concentration and Specific Activity
10 μg lyophilized, ED50 less than 50 ng/ml
Directions for Use
The working concentration of BMP-2 generally ranges from 20-50 ng/ml.
Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) were first identified as molecules that can induce ectopic bone and cartilage formation (1,2). BMPs are synthesized as precursor proteins that are processed by cleavage to produce mature proteins. BMPs initiate signaling by binding to a receptor complex containing type I and type II serine/threonine receptor kinases that then phosphorylate Smad (mainly Smad1, 5 and 8), resulting in the translocation of Smad to the nucleus. BMP was also reported to activate MAPK pathways in some systems (3,4).
- Wang, E.A. et al. (1988) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 85, 9484-8.
- Wozney, J.M. et al. (1988) Science 242, 1528-34.
- Kawabata, M. et al. (1998) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 9, 49-61.
- Nohe, A. et al. (2004) Cell Signal 16, 291-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9511 Phospho-Smad1 (Ser463/465)/ Smad5 (Ser463/465)/ Smad8 (Ser426/428) Antibody
- 9516 Phospho-Smad1/5 (Ser463/465) (41D10) Rabbit mAb
- 9517 Smad5 Antibody
- 9743 Smad1 Antibody
- 4693 BMP7 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.