Product Pathways - Adhesion
Integrin β4 Antibody #4707
|4707S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4707P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4707||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Integrin β4 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total integrin β4 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser1812 of human integrin β4 protein. Antibodies are purified peptide affinity chromatography.
Integrins are α/β heterodimeric cell surface receptors that play a pivotal role in cell adhesion and migration, as well as in growth and survival (1,2). The integrin family contains at least 18 α and 8 β subunits that form 24 known integrins with distinct tissue distribution and overlapping ligand specificities (3). Integrins not only transmit signals to cells in response to the extracellular environment (outside-in signaling), but also sense intracellular cues to alter their interaction with extracellular environment (inside-out signaling) (1,2).
Integrin β4 pairs with integrin α6 on the cell surface membrane to form the integrin α6β4 heterodimer, an important laminin receptor that is essential for hemidesmosome formation and the support of stable adhesions between basal epithelial cells and the basement membrane (4,5). Integrin β4 is an important component in several growth factor induced signaling pathways that are involved in tumorigenesis and invasive cell growth (6,7).
- Liu, S. et al. (2000) J Cell Sci 113 ( Pt 20), 3563-71.
- Hood, J.D. and Cheresh, D.A. (2002) Nat Rev Cancer 2, 91-100.
- van der Flier, A. and Sonnenberg, A. (2001) Cell Tissue Res 305, 285-98.
- Schaapveld, R.Q. et al. (1998) J Cell Biol 142, 271-84.
- Litjens, S.H. et al. (2006) Trends Cell Biol 16, 376-83.
- Guo, W. et al. (2006) Cell 126, 489-502.
- Bertotti, A. et al. (2006) J Cell Biol 175, 993-1003.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.