Product Pathways - Adhesion
Integrin β5 Antibody #4708
|W IP IF-IC||H||Endogenous||90||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Integrin β5 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total integrin β5 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys789 of human integrin β5 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT29 and A172 cell lines using Integrin β5 Antibody.
Integrins are α/β heterodimeric cell surface receptors that play a pivotal role in cell adhesion and migration, as well as in growth and survival (1,2). The integrin family contains at least 18 α and 8 β subunits that form 24 known integrins having distinct tissue distribution and overlapping ligand specificities (3). Integrins not only transmit signals to cells in response to the extracellular environment (outside-in signaling), but also sense intracellular cues to alter their interaction with extracellular environment (inside-out signaling) (1,2).The αVβ5 integrin is expressed in various tissues and cell types, including endothelia, epithelia and fibroblasts (4). It plays a role in matrix adhesion to VN, FN, SPARC and bone sialoprotein (5) and functions in the invasion of gliomas and metastatic carcinoma cells (6,7). αVβ5 integrin plays a major role in growth-factor-induced tumor angiogenesis, where cooperative signaling by the αVβ5 integrin and growth factors regulates endothelial cell proliferation and survival (8).
- Hood, J.D. and Cheresh, D.A. (2002) Nat. Rev. Cancer 2, 91-100.
- Liu, S. et al. (2000) J. Cell Sci. 113, 3563-3571.
- van der Flier, A. and Sonnenberg, A. (2001) Cell Tissue Res. 305, 285-298.
- Pasqualini, R. et al. (1993) J. Cell Sci. 105, 101-111.
- Plow, E.F. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 21785-21788.
- Sun, L.C. et al. (2007) Cancer Lett. 246, 157-166.
- Enns, A. et al. (2005) Eur. J. Cancer 41, 1065-1072.
- Alghisi, G.C. and Rüegg, C. (2006) Endothelium 13, 113-135.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.