Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
RACK1 Antibody #4716
|W||H M R Dm Z||Endogenous||32||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Dm=D. melanogaster Z=Zebrafish
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RACK1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total RACK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human RACK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The highly conserved receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1), homologous to the β subunit of heterotrimeric G-proteins, was originally identified through its binding of active PKCβII and other classical PKC isoforms (1). RACK1 is a scaffold protein that recruits PKC and a wide range of other proteins to specific subcellular locations, promoting the formation of multiprotein complexes to induce and integrate various signaling pathways (reviewed in 2). One example of this is its enhancement of PKC-dependent JNK activation (3). RACK1 protein also resides in the eukaryotic ribosome, suggesting the possibility that RACK1 participates in the assembly of signaling complexes that regulate translation as well (reviewed in 4). RACK1 binds the SH2 domain of Src, and phosphorylation of RACK1 by Src occurs at Tyr228 after PKC activation (5).
- Ron, D. et al. (1994) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91, 839-843.
- Lopez-Bergami , P. et al. (2005) Mol. Cell 19, 309-320.
- McCahill, A. et al. (2002) Mol. Pharmacol. 62, 1261-1273.
- Nilsson, J. et al. (2004) EMBO Rep. 5, 1137-1141.
- Chang, B. Y. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 7619-7629.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.