Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
NF-κB1 p105 Antibody #4717
|W IP||H M R Mk Mi B Pg||Endogenous||120||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Mi=Mink B=Bovine Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NF-κB1 p105 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total NF-κB1 p105 protein. It does not cross-react with the p50 subunit or other NF-κB family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids at the carboxy-terminus of human NF-κB1 p105. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Transcription factors of the nuclear factor κ B (NF-κB)/Rel family play a pivotal role in inflammatory and immune responses (1,2). There are five family members in mammals: RelA, c-Rel, RelB, NF-κB1 (p105/p50), and NF-κB2 (p100/p52). Both p105 and p100 are proteolytically processed by the proteasome to produce p50 and p52, respectively. Rel proteins bind p50 and p52 to form dimeric complexes that bind DNA and regulate transcription. In unstimulated cells, NF-κB is sequestered in the cytoplasm by IκB inhibitory proteins (3-5). NF-κB-activating agents can induce the phosphorylation of IκB proteins, targeting them for rapid degradation through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and releasing NF-κB to enter the nucleus where it regulates gene expression (6-8). NIK and IKKα (IKK1) regulate the phosphorylation and processing of NF-κB2 (p100) to produce p52, which translocates to the nucleus (9-11).
Following IKK-mediated phosphorylation of p105 NF-κB1 at multiple sites (Ser921, 923, 927, and 932) on its carboxy-terminus, SCFβ-TrCP mediated processing produces the 50 kDa active form p50 (12,13).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Henkel, T. (1994) Annu Rev Immunol 12, 141-79.
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1996) Cell 87, 13-20.
- Haskill, S. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 1281-9.
- Thompson, J.E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 573-82.
- Whiteside, S.T. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 1413-26.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Scherer, D.C. et al. (1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92, 11259-63.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Senftleben, U. et al. (2001) Science 293, 1495-9.
- Coope, H.J. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 5375-85.
- Xiao, G. et al. (2001) Mol Cell 7, 401-9.
- Heissmeyer, V. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 1024-35.
- Orian, A. et al. (2000) EMBO J 19, 2580-91.
- Hasler, U. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 28095-105. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4806 Phospho-NF-κB p105 (Ser933) (18E6) Rabbit mAb
- 4808 Phospho-NF-κB p105 (Ser933) (178F3) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 3035 NF-κB1 p105/p50 Antibody
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 4764 NF-κB p65 (C22B4) Rabbit mAb
- 3017 NF-κB2 p100/p52 (18D10) Rabbit mAb (Human Specific)
- 4882 NF-κB2 p100/p52 Antibody
- 4727 c-Rel Antibody
- 4954 RelB Antibody
- 9936 NF-κB Pathway Sampler Kit
- 9243 NF-κB Control Cell Extracts
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.