Product Pathways - Development
Snail (SN9H2) Rat mAb #4719
|4719S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4719||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||29||Rat IgG2a|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Snail (SN9H2) Rat mAb detects endogenous levels of total Snail.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human Snail protein.
Snail is a zinc-finger transcription factor that can repress E-cadherin transcription. Downregulation of E-cadherin is associated with epithelial-mesenchymal transition during embryonic development, a process also exploited by invasive cancer cells (1-3). Indeed, loss of E-cadherin expression is correlated with the invasive properties of some tumors and there is a considerable inverse correlation between Snail and E-cadherin mRNA levels in epithelial tumor cell lines (4,5). In addition, Snail blocks the cell cycle and confers resistance to cell death (6). Phosphorylation of Snail by GSK-3 and PAK1 regulates its stability, cellular localization and function (7-10).
- Barrallo-Gimeno, A. and Nieto, M.A. (2005) Development 132, 3151-3161.
- Cano, A. et al. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, 76-83.
- Batlle, E. et al. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, 84-89.
- Yokoyama, K. et al. (2003) Int. J. Oncol. 22, 891-898.
- Yokoyama, K. et al. (2001) Oral Oncol. 37, 65-71.
- Vega, S. et al. (2004) Genes Dev. 18, 1131-1143.
- Zhou, B.P. et al. (2004) Nat. Cell Biol. 6, 931-940.
- Bachelder, R.E. et al. (2005) J. Cell Biol. 168, 29-33.
- Yook, J.I. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 11740-11748.
- Yang, Z. et al. (2005) Cancer Res. 65, 3179-3184.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7077 Anti-rat IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 3195 E-Cadherin (24E10) Rabbit mAb
- 4065 E-Cadherin Antibody
- 9315 GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2602 PAK1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.