Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
p48 Primase (8G10) Rat mAb #4725
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||48||Rat IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p48 Primase (8G10) Rat mAb detects endogenous levels of total p48 primase protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with full-length recombinant human p48 primase.
Initiation of eukaryotic DNA replication is a stringently regulated process that requires the cooperation of many proteins and protein complexes to occur efficiently, at the origins of replication, and once per cell cycle. The initiation of DNA replication requires a protein complex composed of two DNA polymerase α subunits and a pair of primase subunits. Primase activity catalyzes de novo synthesis of an RNA/DNA primer (initiator DNA) on the leading and lagging strands, while polymerase activity extends the initiator DNA (1). The 48 and 58 kDa primase subunits cooperate in the synthesis of small RNA primers. p48 is the catalytically active subunit (2), while p58 couples p48 to the polymerase to allow the transfer of primers to the active site. The p58 subunit may also play a role in regulation of primer length (3,4).
- Shiratori, A. et al. (1995) Genomics 28, 350-353.
- Copeland, W.C. (1997) Protein Expr. Purif. 9, 1-9.
- Copeland, W.C. and Wang, T.S. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268, 26179-26189.
- Arezi, B. and Kuchta, R.D. (2000) Trends Biochem. Sci. 25, 572-576.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4731 ORC1 (7A7) Rat mAb
- 4736 ORC2 (3G6) Rat mAb
- 4737 ORC6 (3A4) Rat mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7077 Anti-rat IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 4726 p58 Primase (8D3) Rat mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.