Product Pathways - Neuroscience
β2-Chimerin (2E3) Rat mAb #4728
|W||H M R||Endogenous||47||Rat IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
β2-Chimerin (2E3) Rat mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total β2-chimerin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with full-length recombinant human β2-Chimerin.
Chimerins are a family of GTPase-activating proteins (GAPS) that facilitate GTP hydrolysis by the small GTPase Rac, rendering it inactive and regulating cell shape, spreading and motility. Regulation of chimerin proteins occurs in response to growth factor receptor or G-protein coupled receptor activation followed by phospholipase C activation. Chimerins are among the growing number of phorbol ester and diacylglycerol (DAG) effector molecules that do not belong to the PKC family of isoenzymes (reviewed in 1,2). β2-chimerin is highly expressed in brain and pancreas, and its expression is down-regulated in malignant gliomas (3). β2-chimerin is also down-regulated in breast cancer, and its expression causes GAP activity-dependent cell cycle arrest in MCF-7 breast cancer cells (4). Signaling from the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) activates β2-chimerin and allows its association with Rac1 at the plasma membrane (5). Also in response to EGF, diacylglycerol kinase (DGK) γ interacts with β2-chimerin, promotes its translocation to the plasma membrane, and regulate its GAP activity (6).
- Yang, C. and Kazanietz, M.G. (2007) Biochem J. 403, 1-12.
- Brose, N. and Rosenmund, C. (2002) J. Cell Sci. 115, 4399-4411.
- Yuan, S. et al. (1995) Cancer Res. 55, 3456-3461.
- Yang, C. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 24363-24370.
- Wang, H. et al. (2006) EMBO J. 25, 2062-2074.
- Yasuda, S. et al. (2007) FEBS Lett. 581, 551-557.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7077 Anti-rat IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.