Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
ORC1 (7A7) Rat mAb #4731
|W||H M R Hm||Endogenous||100, 95 (Mouse)||Rat IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ORC1 (7A7) Rat mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ORC1 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other ORC subunits.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a His6-tagged recombinant human ORC1 protein.
The origin recognition complex (ORC) is a highly conserved heterohexameric protein complex that associates with DNA at or near initiation of DNA replication sites. All six ORC subunits are essential for initiation of DNA replication (1-3), and ORC may be involved in regulation of gene expression in response to stress (4). ORC binding to DNA permits the ordered binding of other proteins such as cdc6 and MCMs to form pre-replication complexes (Pre-RCs). Pre-RCs form between telophase and early G1 phase of the cell cycle and are inactivated at the onset of DNA synthesis, allowing coordinated regulation of DNA replication and cell division (5). Modification of one or more of the six ORC subunits may be responsible for its inactivation during S phase, but the chromatin binding behavior of the ORC subunits during the cell division cycle is still under investigation (6-7).
- Machida, Y.J. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 27624-27630.
- Baltin, J. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 12428-12435.
- Gibson, D.G. et al. (2006) Genes Cells 11, 557-573.
- Ramachandran, L. et al. (2006) FEMS Yeast Res. 6, 763-776.
- Rowles, A. and Blow, J.J. (1997) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 7, 152-157.
- DePamphilis, M.L. (2003) Gene 310, 1-15.
- McNairn, A.J. et al. (2005) Exp. Cell. Res. 308, 345-356.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4736 ORC2 (3G6) Rat mAb
- 4737 ORC6 (3A4) Rat mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7077 Anti-rat IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.