Product Pathways - Development
SSEA1 (MC480) Mouse mAb #4744
|IHC-P IF-IC F||M||Endogenous||N/A||Mouse IgM|
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SSEA1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of SSEA1 antigen.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with F9 teratoma cells (X-irradiated).
IHC analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse embryo, showing staining of hair follicles, using SSEA1 (MC480) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of unpermeabilized NIH/3T3 cells (blue) and unpermeabilized F9 cells (green) using SSEA1 (MC480) Mouse mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of mouse embryonic stem cells growing on mouse embryonic fibroblast (MEF) feeder cells using SSEA1 (MC480) Mouse mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5™ (fluorescent DNA dye).
SSEA-1 antibody detects a lactoseries oligosaccharide antigen that is expressed on the surface of mouse embryonal carcinoma and embryonic stem cells (1). This antigen is also found on early mouse embryos and both mouse and human germ cells, but is absent on human embryonic stem cells and human embryonic carcinoma cells. Expression of SSEA1 in these human cell types increases upon differentiation, while on the mouse cell types differentiation leads to decreased expression (2).
- Solter, D. and Knowles, B.B. (1978) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 75, 5565-9.
- Fenderson, B.A. et al. (1987) Dev Biol 122, 21-34.
- Damjanov, I. et al. (1982) Am J Pathol 108, 225-30. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4745 TRA-1-81 (TRA-1-81) Mouse mAb
- 4746 TRA-1-60(S) (TRA-1-60(S)) Mouse mAb
- 4755 SSEA4 (MC813) Mouse mAb
- 2840 Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2748 Sox2 Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.