Product Pathways - Development
TRA-2-54 (2J) Mouse mAb #4747
|W IP||H||Endogenous||80||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TRA-2-54 (2J) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total TRA-2-54 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with 2102Ep human embryonal carcinoma cells.
The family of alkaline phosphatases in humans is comprised of four members: intestinal, placental, placental-like (germ cell type), and tissue nonspecific. The tissue nonspecific isozyme is also known as the liver/bone/kidney alkaline phosphatase due to its expression in these tissues. It is also highly expressed in embryonic stem (ES) and embryonic carcinoma (EC) cells and is lost as these cells undergo differentiation (1,2). The TRA-2-54 (2J) Mouse mAb specifically detects this isozyme and does not detect the other family members, making it a useful tool for tracking the pluripotency status of ES and EC cells in culture.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4746 TRA-1-60(S) (TRA-1-60(S)) Mouse mAb
- 4745 TRA-1-81 (TRA-1-81) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.