Product Pathways - Apoptosis
DcR1 Antibody #4756
|W||H M R||Endogenous||28||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DcR1 detects endogenous levels of total DcR1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human DcR1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The tumor necrosis factor receptor family, which includes TNF-RI, Fas, DR3, DR4, DR5, and DR6, plays an important role in the regulation of apoptosis in various physiological systems (1,2). The receptors are activated by a family of cytokines that include TNF, FasL, and TRAIL. They are characterized by a highly conserved extracellular region containing cysteine-rich repeats and a conserved intracellular region of about 80 amino acids termed the death domain (DD). The DD is important for transducing the death signal by recruiting other DD containing adaptor proteins (FADD, TRADD, RIP) to the death-inducing signaling complex (DISC), resulting in activation of caspases.
Death receptor signaling is also controlled by a family of decoy receptors (DcR1, DcR2 and DcR3) which lack a cytoplasmic DD and inhibit death receptor-mediated apoptosis by competing for ligand (3-5). Expression of decoy receptors provide a mechanism for certain types of cancer to regulate apoptosis and can contribute to chemosensitivity (6-8).
- Nagata, S. (1997) Cell 88, 355-365.
- Thorburn, A. (2004) Cell. Signal. 16, 139-144.
- Sheridan, J.P. et al. (1997) Science 277, 818-821.
- Marsters, S.A. et al. (1997) Curr. Biol. 7, 1003-1006.
- Pitti, R.M. et al. (1998) Nature 396, 699-703.
- Liu, X. et al. (2005) Cancer Res. 65, 9169-9175.
- Spalding, A.C. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 260-271.
- Bernard, D. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 27322-27328.
- Jane, E.P. et al. (2011) Mol Cancer Ther 10, 198-208. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3254 DR3 Antibody
- 3696 DR5 Antibody
- 4273 FasL Antibody
- 3707 TNF-α Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.