Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Phospho-Filamin A (Ser2152) Antibody #4761
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||280||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Filamin A (Ser2152) Antibody detects endogenous levels of filamin A only when phosphorylated at serine 2152. This antibody also reacts with filamin C when it is phosphorylated at serine 2146.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic phosphopeptides corresponding to residues surrounding Ser2152 of human filamin A and Ser2146 of human filamin C. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Filamins are a family of dimeric actin binding proteins that function as structural components of cell adhesion sites. They also serve as a scaffold for subcellular targeting of signaling molecules (1). The actin binding domain (alpha-actinin domain) located at the amino terminus is followed by as many as 24 tandem repeats of about 96 residues and the dimerization domain is located at the carboxy terminus. In addition to actin filaments, filamins associate with other structural and signaling molecules such as beta integrins, Rho/Rac/Cdc42, PKC, and the insulin receptor, primarily through the carboxy-terminal dimerization domain (1-3). Filamin A, the most abundant, and filamin B are widely expressed isoforms, while filamin C is predominantly expressed in muscle (1). Filamin A is phosphorylated by PAK1 at Ser2152, which is required for PAK1-mediated actin cytoskeleton reorganization (4).
- Stossel, T. P. et al. (2001) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 2, 138-145.
- Tigges, U. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 23561-23569.
- He, H. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 27096-27104.
- Vadlamudi, R. K. et al. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, 681-690.
- Deshmukh, A. et al. (2006) Diabetes 55, 1776-82. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4762 Filamin A Antibody
- 2601 Phospho-PAK1 (Thr423)/PAK2 (Thr402) Antibody
- 2602 PAK1 Antibody
- 2604 PAK1/2/3 Antibody
- 2605 Phospho-PAK1 (Ser199/204)/PAK2 (Ser192/197) Antibody
- 2607 Phospho-PAK2 (Ser20) Antibody
- 2608 PAK2 Antibody
- 3241 Phospho-PAK4 (Ser474)/PAK5 (Ser602)/PAK6 (Ser560) Antibody
- 3242 PAK4 Antibody
- 9371 Phospho-PKC (pan) (βII Ser660) Antibody
- 9375 Phospho-PKCα/β II (Thr638/641) Antibody
- 9376 Phospho-PKCδ/θ (Ser643/676) Antibody
- 9377 Phospho-PKCθ (Thr538) Antibody
- 2051 Phospho-PKD/PKCμ (Ser916) Antibody
- 2052 PKD/PKCμ Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.