Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Filamin A Antibody #4762
|4762S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4762||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||280||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Filamin A Antibody detects endogenous levels of total filamin A protein. This antibody may cross-react with filamin B and C.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptides corresponding to human filamin A. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Filamins are a family of dimeric actin binding proteins that function as structural components of cell adhesion sites. They also serve as a scaffold for subcellular targeting of signaling molecules (1). The actin binding domain (α-actinin domain) located at the amino terminus is followed by as many as 24 tandem repeats of about 96 residues and the dimerization domain is located at the carboxy terminus. In addition to actin filaments, filamins associate with other structural and signaling molecules such as β-integrins, Rho/Rac/Cdc42, PKC and the insulin receptor, primarily through the carboxy-terminal dimerization domain (1-3). Filamin A, the most abundant, and filamin B are widely expressed isoforms, while filamin C is predominantly expressed in muscle (1). Filamin A is phosphorylated by PAK1 at Ser2152, which is required for PAK1-mediated actin cytoskeleton reorganization (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4761 Phospho-Filamin A (Ser2152) Antibody
- 9371 Phospho-PKC (pan) (βII Ser660) Antibody
- 9374 Phospho-PKCδ (Thr505) Antibody
- 9375 Phospho-PKCα/β II (Thr638/641) Antibody
- 9376 Phospho-PKCδ/θ (Ser643/676) Antibody
- 9377 Phospho-PKCθ (Thr538) Antibody
- 9378 Phospho-PKCζ/λ (Thr410/403) Antibody
- 2601 Phospho-PAK1 (Thr423)/PAK2 (Thr402) Antibody
- 2602 PAK1 Antibody
- 2604 PAK1/2/3 Antibody
- 2605 Phospho-PAK1 (Ser199/204)/PAK2 (Ser192/197) Antibody
- 2606 Phospho-PAK1 (Ser144)/PAK2 (Ser141) Antibody
- 2607 Phospho-PAK2 (Ser20) Antibody
- 2608 PAK2 Antibody
- 2609 PAK3 Antibody
- 3241 Phospho-PAK4 (Ser474)/PAK5 (Ser602)/PAK6 (Ser560) Antibody
- 3242 PAK4 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.